Monday, September 8, 2008

Had to dust off my old nursing cap!!


Well here I go again! Back in the working world as of tomorrow morning at 8:30. I finally got the call that took me weeks to recieve. I had given up on this position and then out of the blue my phone rings.
I really wanted this position because if I have to go back to work, I do not want to be working weekends. This position is Mon- Fri and mostly Mon- Thurs in a DR's office so I will have my weekend free to play at the lake in my little dollhouse.
It is really going to hurt going back to work. I have been so spoiled for several months now. No I didn't sleep in. I did not take long afternoon naps, maybe a tiny cat nap occasionally but rarely. No I did not shop all day, as you can read in previous post I actually became a homebody. I did however become a housewife for the first time in my 32 year marriage. I was too young to know how the last time that I was not working and once I started working I didn't go without a job more than a day or two until this little break that I have had.
If you looked at my house right now you would laugh at the above statement about me being a housewife now too!!! You also will really have to look around and think about what I have done with my time for all these months. Danny and I know what I have done though!! Lots of painting, started lots of new projects that aren't finished, lots of cooking, lots of cleaning (at times), and a whole lot of what ever anyone had for me to do and what I wanted to do!! I can honestly say that this has by far been my favorite summer ever!! I have had more fun with Danny and the girls and grandpunks than I could have ever imagined prior to quiting work. (here come the tears)
I did learn how to make homemade bread. I never really mastered homemade cinnamon rolls though. LOL I learned from Sage how to make out a cleaning schedule to keep my house clean, that I will be utilizing starting next week. Most of all believe it or not I learned how to save money and to manage it. We did so much better when I took over all the money management, only because I had time to do it and if we didn't make ends meet I would have to find a job.
Of course I just told you that I start work tomorrow but it is to pay for our home near the lake. I plan to have it paid off in 10 months or less and then put every penny we can scrounge up on our home mortgage and pay it off in a couple years or less, buy a pontoon boat and quit work again. Don't let my new employer see this OK ;O) hehehe
If we continue the way we have been with money it is a very feasible plan. Maybe at that time Danny can realize that he doesn't have to work two jobs either!! He has always worked a fulltime job and had his business on the side and will probably have a very hard time deciding which one he wants to give up when that time comes. He is truely a workaholic. He did like having me at home but it will be for the best to get this second home/vacation/weekend home paid for and all the work done while we are still young enough to enjoy it, right?
I do not plan to hang up my blogging hat now but it may start to collect dust every now and again. Especially with our weekends being filled to the brim at the dollhouse. I bet he would throw up he heard me call it the "Dollhouse". hahaha
So everyone please pray for me and wish me luck as I go back out into that crazy old world out there!!!
Hugs to all my blogging friends!!!
Becky
{{{{I posted this and the song that popped up on my blog was Kid Rock's "All Summer Long". I broke down in tears. Ya know I was really fortunate to have the entire summer at home though. I have to suck it up and go to work tomorrow with my chin held high and no tears and work really hard so that I can have many more entire summers at home!! }}}}

1 comment:

Paula said...

Good luck going back into the working world, Becky!!
I know it will be a hard routine to get back into the daily grind, but you'll be working that much harder for the weekend!!