Friday, September 16, 2011

Dream a little dream......

Next week at this time I will be right there in that lounge chair....no not that one silly, that one! The one on the end!

You know how nosy I am and if I am on the end I can see everyone that pulls into the parking lot, walks to the beach or plays in the game room!

How do I know this?

Cause I've been there before in that exact lounge chair, that exact hotel and that exact pool. Beside that exact beach in that exact state!

Where is that might you ask?

TYBEE ISLAND, GA!!!!!

Yes, ma'am we leave on Thursday morning and have about an 8 hr drive to reach the beautiful island of Tybee.

Tybee is Savannah's beach and it's where the movie The Last Song with Miley Cyrus was filmed.

We went there 5 years ago for our 30th anniversary,

so that means this is our 35th year of total wedded bliss!

Now who wouldn't say that when they are being swept away to a warm sandy island?

Of course it's been bliss all the way baby!


We stayed in this Hotel, The Desoto Beach Hotel when we were there before and it was fabulous. Nothing over the top but just perfect and from our beach we can watch the ships/barges coming to and from the Savannah River
We both love that!

Big ole cargo barges that are not very pretty to look at up close look so darned good from a distance as they rise upon the horizon as if out of thin air and get bigger and bigger as they approach the island. Awesome in my book!

I also have to say that our view is the very best God has made for watching the sunrise and sunsets! Breathtaking!

Definately my vacation of choice!

But...... it was his idea this year!

I had quit bugging him about going and when he got in the doghouse one day he decided that we should go back to Tybee!

Sucker, I am!

2 comments:

Country Gal said...

Oh sounds wonderful. Cant wait to hear and see photos of your trip ! Have a wonderful time.

Brenda said...

Wow! Congratulations! This place sounds and looks wonderful! I hope you both have a wonderful time. Looking forward to the photos. :D