Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Frankie is in the hospital

Frankie and I were in fact the first to be seen this morning by Dr Mitzi. She said he had a bulging disc and would have to stay for steroid injections and IV steroids to harden off the tendon that covers the disc to keep it from protruding into the spinal cord and causing paralysis. He still has feelings in both hind legs which was a good sign. He will probably be in for 3 days and come home on oral medication and strict bedrest.

She also recomended having him neutered once we got him thru this crisis because she does not want him to take a chance and hurt his back again and the fact that he will probably be getting prostrate trouble soon anyway. There goes any chance in raising a litter of pups out of Frankie now. Oh well I just want him to be OK. Dr Mitzi said this would run around $200 or less. I can squeeze that in I guess.

I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

No comments: