Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sick pup

Well here I am up at 2:00 in the morning again. Darn night shift. I am so messed up on when to sleep and how long. I may only sleep 4-5 hours or I may want to sleep 24 at a time. I have 3 more weeks of night shifts to go and I vow to never work them again. Unless I can't find anything that doesn't require nights and unless I have to financially or if DH says I have to!

It has been a sad night anyway you look at it. Frankie our 4 1/2 year old Miniature Daschund had been missing for 2 days and we found him last night in the woods dragging his back legs. DH's big coonhound was up in the kennel in heat and Frankie being the big stud he is (all 5 lbs) will run himself in the grave when the females are that way. He runs many many many laps around the pen and will not leave their side for 2 weeks not even to eat. Of course we feed him and the food eventually leaves but you wouldn't be able to tell that he was the one consuming it as skinny as he gets during this spell.

We are not sure if a bigger dog got in a fight with him or exactly what happened. He does not have any abrasions on him and he does not appear to be sore. He has always been an outside dog as DH does not allow for any animals to be in the house, except of course the plethora of parakeets that have come and gone over the years but he wasn't happy with them either. Come to think of it they were here only when I worked dayshift, all the whistling I would never have slept then either.

Back to Frankie. We are so rural here that we knew their would be no vet within miles to see him last night so he has been inside in a nice warm box tonight and appears to be so happy but it breaks my heart to see him like this. He will be at Dr Mitzi's the first in line this morn when her doors open. She is a wonderful vet and so friendly. Just the cute little country vet that everyone loves. I have no problem when I ask DH to take the animals to the vet for me now!

Leslie now has her own blog and highspeed wireless and is so happy with it. Her Emma has been really sick for several days with what is probably the flu. We have seen a lot of it in the ER the past couple weeks. yuck yuck

Robin has been really busy making quilts and I am so jealous. I have been a slug for several days. I did however make it upstairs last night and pieced 4 blocks of a new pattern that is really cool and easy to do. Not sure of the name but I will post as soon as I find it and will post pics too.

Better go now Benadryl is kicking in and I am in for a stressful day. Pray for Frankie please.

No comments: