Sunday, May 10, 2009

As promised - a look see around my garden!

Don't ya just love Snowballs!
My first water lily bloom of the year and it opened on Mother's Day!!

Looks pretty good from a distance. Don't get real close cause it's a jungle and something could come out and grab you! No really it could!


This is what we worked on yesterday. The pics don't do it justice. My dh is so good to me. It only took him about 3 or 4 years now to finish it.



Mother's Day gift about 10 or 11 years ago. The pergola that is. I have a New Dawn rose on either end and it looks lovely when they are in bloom. The pergola however is crumbling down now and the rose on left has completely died. There is a clematis on the left that is thriving well but the dead rose looks horrible. I am afraid to cut the dead one down because the rickety pergola will fall down. I am waiting until after the rose blooms to tear it down and let dh rebuild me another one ;-)
******
Happy Mother's Day to all!






1 comment:

TxFarmhouse said...

Wow, those snowball flowers are absolutely gorgeous. What a treat to walk through your garden and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Happy Mother's Day,
RiverBend Farm