Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!!

I have to share a little about my day. You see dh was off today and he and Colton went turkey hunting early this morning. I got started in the garden cleaning around the garden pond which was looooooong overdue. When he came home he hit the sofa for a reaaaaaaly looooong nap!! OMG!!! I wanted help. I slammed the doors and made all the noise that I could and he wouldn't budge off the sofa except to roll his eyes at me. I finally just came inside and fell across the bed myself......if you can't beat em join em right?

In about 15 minutes he came looking for me and told me he finally got his nap out!!! Then he helped me in the garden. He finally, after 3 or 4 years, finished hauling the rocks to go around the water garden......YES...YES!!!! then we trimmed dead stuff and hauled several loads of mulch on the trailer behind the mower and placed it around my plants. The plants are looking great due to all the rain we have had. It looks so much better now!!! This however is only about 1/10th of the garden area. I am now inspired to hurry and get the rest of it done!!!

I did not get any pics today but I will surely get some tomorrow and post them. I have been sitting on my sofa and stareing out the window at the pond for almost an hour now. I love it!! That was a great Mother's Day present!

Better go now and turn my eggs in the incubater!! Story to come tomorrow!!

No comments: