Thursday, July 16, 2009

R.I.P. Durango

We lost our lovely Durango yesterday to a trajic accident. I really don't even want to talk about it because it was so much our fault. You know the feeling we all get sometime....it won't happen to us. Well it did.
We had him tied out for the past couple weeks on a steep bank that goes down toard our fishpond so he could eat down the bushes and high grass that we couldn't get to to mow. He was absolutely in hog heaven. Cleared it right down to the dirt.
There was one place that was a drop off that was way to steep for anything to climb and he slid off of it and hung himself there. Danny found him. I am so glad it was not me. This has just broke our hearts. I didn't know he really meant that much to me til I heard this. We are just now seeing his offspring hit the ground and are very happy with them too.
We have certainly learned our lesson...what could happen will happen to us.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor Durango! We will all miss him. But at least we have little Tango to remind us of him. Hope he grows to be a big stud like his dad was.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry. :(