Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bike Basket Makeover

$1 yardsale bike basket (at least that's what I am calling it)
I have LOTS of this fabric that I was going to use to spice up my bedroom....lol! ....with curtains and I had big big plans for a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using this as the backing. The fabric was $1 a yard at Walmart so I bought out 2 stores. I have 5 windows in my bedroom one is a triple!! So 7 total! The stores have now gotten in more of this. I did make curtains but never quite got around to the quilt!! Imagine that!! I grew tired of the curtains and decided that I didn't need such cheerful curtains in my grown-up room ;-)

I thought this basket needed a little cheering up!
You may be seeing a lot more of this cheering up around my house soon.......I am thinking of a cover for my Kitchenaid mixer next.......

(If you look closely at the pictures you will see the stitches in my seams are showing. I hate that but I used my serger to whip this up quickly all but the last bit of triming. I didn't notice this in time to do something about it. The seams are secure but look loose, bummer)

2 comments:

OurCrazyFarm said...

You're amazing! And did you make those cute little placemats on the table, too?? I say go for the pink curtains. Little girls never really do grow up, do they?

Sage said...

You've surely been a busy women lately!! You go girl!!