Thursday, August 20, 2009

I don't like spiders and snakes.....

OR BLACK BEARS!!
(Mom running up hill, cub on ground and up the side of tree)
ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY COME IN THREES

Yep that's right. 3 of them! I just posted Saturday about all the nasty creepy spiders around my house that morning. Then today I saw, and tried to run over an absolutely huge black snake. Just as I thought it wouldn't get any creepier or scaryier what have ya......I was inocently meandering down the hill toward the chicken coop and just glanced toward the fishpond and OMG!!!!!!!!!
there was the cutest little black cubs playing on the ground under that big tree. OMG I did a 180 back to the house yelling for Danny to get off the sofa and come look. I grabbed my camera that was hanging by the door for this Kodak moment but as you can see it didn't turn out too good. My house was so darned cold that when I took the camera outside where it was about 90 degrees the lens instantly fogged up beyond hope for a decent picture.

We were watching the babies playing around and I was trying to capture it on film and in the corner of my foggy lens I saw the great big mama bear lopping up the hill from the dock of the pond to the babies.
OMG!!!!!!
We have been, or just me all by myself, have been down each night about this time feeding our 200 catfish in the pond.

OMG!!!!!!!!! I would have a heart attack if they ventured out to where I could see them!!!!




3 comments:

Leslie said...

No more feeding fish for this chick!

blushing rose said...

Frankly, a For Sale sign would have gone up if I'd have seen the snake!

TTFN ~ Marydon

Amanda said...

I would have loved to have seen them. Not beside my house though. A man hit one up the road a couple weeks ago. He had slowed enough to just spin the bear around a little then it got up and ran down in the woods. I'm glad you were able to get rid of the snake. The one I saw is still around here somewhere.