Sunday, August 23, 2009

World's easiest grape juice recipe...

I have made this grape juice for the past 30 something years. It is so easy and delicious! Start with 1 cup of grapes, seedless or not, washed and placed in a quart jar whole.
Sweeten to taste. I have always used 1 cup of sugar. I have also learned over the years that this is too sweet. I now use 2/3 cup of sugar per quart.

Fill jars with boiling water and seal.


Place in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
Store in a cool dry place for at least 30 days before using. Drain grapes and enjoy a wonderful juice. I have used all sorts of grapes over the years but this year we have our first crop of Seedless Concord grapes. I think this will be yummy.....move over Welches!! Danny drinks grape juice every day for the antioxidant properties of grapes. This will definately save us some money. I just made 9 quarts from vine til sealed in jars in less than an hour!!!




3 comments:

Paula said...

Wow!! That sounds wonderful, Miss Rebecca!!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Thanks for that recipe! We have one grape vine but I plan to add more for next year so this will come in handy!

Manuela

Linda Stubbs said...

Wow, you have got to be kidding. That is fantastic! I saw some concords at Farmer's Market yesterday. I want to try this. Thank you for sharing. Your pictures mad me feel like I was right there!
Blessings,
Linda