Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What's for supper?

Well at my house we are having baked Zote! Do you guys know what baked Zote is? Well I have to confess that I didn't til today!



See I was drying some grated Zote laundry soap bar on a pan that just happened to be sitting in my oven. You know a dry out of the way place for it to just sit and dry out so I could make my homemade powdered laundry detergent with it.



If anyone knows me they would be able to tell you that I always check my oven for anything that is not supposed to be there before I turn it on. One time when Robin was small she baked a pair of rubber sole shoes in the woodcookstove oven and also a slew of crayons in the same oven at a different time. It was not until I caught a whiff of burnt rubber that I found either of these little prizes!!!!



Oh No not today no way did I bother to check the oven. Turned it on to preheat to make BBQ chicken for supper, found out the chicken wasn't quite thawed so it took a great deal of time to finish that process all the while baking to a crisp a broiler pan full of Zote. Did you know it smells burnt when infact it has lost it's pink coloring and has turned white and puffed up like popcorn? Let me tell ya though it doesn't even begin to smell like popcorn. Even the disgusting smell of burnt popcorn is better than this!!!!!!! At least it is a warm pretty day so I can air the house out good!!!!! Not sure if it will make good laundry powder now or not ;-)


I hope your supper tonight is better than ours!!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha ha! What a lovely supper and a great night for company too.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

OH NO! This sounds dreadful...but funny in a smelly sort of way -smile-.