Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You can improve on perfection.......

Yep I just did!
I posted about this Kentucky Butter Cake a couple weeks ago. When I posted about it we hadn't tasted it yet. Well after we tasted our lives haven't been the same around here ;0) Danny says it's the best cake he has ever tasted. Today I was in the mood for chocolate and he of course wanted "his" cake. I did a little research online and decided that this recipe could infact be made into a marbled cake with chocolate anyway!! I was right. I made the batter according to the recipe, divided the batter in half, added 1/4 cup cocoa powder to one half of the batter, alternated layers in the bundt pan, ran a knife thru the batter to partially swirl it and wallaaa a wonderful marbled kentucky butter cake!!!!!!!!!! Yes he really did like it this way too. We were both happy as usual. Well let's just say it's truely better than baked Zote!!!



If I keep making him his favorite cake maybe he will buy me one of these
Samsung Dualview TL220 cameras. What do you think? Yes? or No?

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

... fatten that fella up, ladybug! Chuckle! Have a wonderful autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

Leslie said...

Yummy! Daddy will have to walk through the woods even more chasing them coons to get his pants buttoned!!

I sooo want that camera too! Travis said if I get some more kids to keep I can get it. Whatever!!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The trouble would be, I'd be helping eat that fabulous cake -smile-.

Andrea said...

Oh, my goodness, your cake looks so good! My mom used to make me a marble fudge cake for my birthday every year, so I have a weakenss for them.

I enjoyed my visit with you.

Blessings,

Andrea

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I LOVE new recipes and hubby thinks the chocolate butter cake is something I should tackle tomorrow. Thanks for the idea and I'll let you know if mine turns out even close to as pretty as yours did! I love connecting to other nurses and was sorry to hear about your condition. WOW, they make nurses tough these days, don't they?? :) Have a wonderful day and I look forward to reading your blogs!