Thursday, June 3, 2010

I am so proud...............

I have the best grandkids in the world!! Yes I do!! I really do!!
My little Emma brought home the Citizenship Award today from her class!!
This comes after her older brother Colton had the honor in, I think, the first grade also!
But prior to their honor my Morgan had that honor twice, in kindergarten and first grade!!
She just reminded me which years that she won.......you know I can't remember that.
Well not to mention Leslie, Colton and Emma's mother, my daughter, also took home the same award in the third grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Five Citizenship Awards in one family!!!!

Well any way you look at that a Grandmother/Mother could not be any prouder of her offspring!!!
I think they got it from me ;-)
This news was the icing on the cake for such a very very wonderful day for me.
My very very favorite best (non-family) friend Ro, came for a visit today!!!!
We have been friends for 26 years now but we live 2 counties apart and it is hard for us to get together for some crazy reason. Today she met me at The Fairy's Rest and she got the grand tour cause she had never been there. We left and went out to eat at a very nice Italian restaurant down the road, always so much fun!
We came back and she said "I brought my work clothes with me so what can we do?"
Well bless her little heart!!
We painted and painted and painted and we talked and gossiped....I mean we talked and talked and laughed and laughed and laughed some more but we really did get a lot done in such a short amount of time. It seemed like only mere minutes cause we were having so much fun!!!
When we parted ways this evening our faces hurt from laughing so hard at each other. We were trying our best to get a decent picture of the two of us sitting together but we laughed so hard that they were hideous!!!!! Of course I was covered in paint and my hair was in a ponytail so mine couldn't look good anyway but we sure had a lot of fun trying!!!
When I got home Danny and Eric were unloading my newest Craigslist find from the back of the pickup. We purchased an incredibly nice fridge for the new barn......in the very near future barn...but it's in the garage now. It is a huge Amana with the freezer on the bottom type that was only $50!!!!!! It is so much nicer than my horrible stainless steel Whirlpool side by side that I have in my kitchen but you have all heard about that one for a long time now so I won't go there anymore. Never know when this nice white one might just end up in my kitchen tho!!!
A great fridge for my goats milk and extra veggies and all sorts of uses!!
It doesn't take much to thrill me sometimes. Well not much money anyway ;-)))
So all in all a very happy day for me!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing the joy of your day. I'll bet it was loads of fun spending the day with your friend.

Congratulations on all of the great Citizenship awards. That says a lot about the character of your family.

Take care!

the canned quilter said...

Congrats on the citizenship awards! Of course they got it from you : )

Whirlpool again don't get me started. Did you know that Whirlpool and Amana are made by the same people. So is Maytag.


Just a heads up we have an old fridge in the shed too. We use it for extra cold drinks in the summer and produce from the garden and fishbait.

During the winter we unplug it because some of those older models are expensive to run. In a shed our electric bill jumps about 40 to 50 dollars with the old fridge running.