Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Basket Of Flowers Pinwheel Quilt

I have been itching and itching to get back in that sewing room!
I have had these turnovers for a good while now and a burning idea in my mind of what I should do with them. I just needed to pick up some coordinating fabric to go with the pack. I found this quilters cotton on sale last week at Joannes and thought it might just go with them.
I was right! I love the green with all the pinks, blues, reds. yellows, greens and whites.
I have suddenly gained this new love for green anyway, it brings out the green in my eyes!


Of course I love the pinwheel pattern so that was a no brainer.
As you can see I am cutting the turnover pieces down so the pinwheels are smaller.
I have one pack of turnovers finished which makes 40 blocks. I have one more pack for 40 more blocks. Total will be 80 - 7" blocks.
I have only worked on these for a little while for 2 days. I want to get the rest of the blocks finished this week and get the quilting started.
I will sash it and give it a border to make a full size quilt for my guest bedroom.
That room has my walnut bed that Danny made me 34 years ago. No it hasn't been painted!! I am not that crazy!
I did, however, paint a yardsale night stand in a really pretty sage green and this quilt is going to match it just perfect! The curtains in there are in a pink and white ticking stripe!
Bright and cheery but not too frilly. Just country cute!!! I hope!!

These pics were taken at night and the lighting wasn't the best so you can't really tell what the green looks like here.Take my word for it, it's pretty and that's all that matters right?


6 comments:

Brenda said...

You sure do stay busy! The quilt is going to be very pretty and should look nice on the walnut bed.

LynnS said...

I'm loving your color combination!! Can't wait to see it w/ the border and then finished, of course.

the canned quilter said...

Love it! Baby O would love that green as that is her ultimate favorite color. She too has green eyes : )

She wanted to paint her walls that color! I think not ....

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Gorgeous quilt.. love those colors.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Beautiful! Love the pinwheels and love the green:)))

Nancy M. said...

I love those colors together! I wish I could make a quilt like that!