Wednesday, August 11, 2010

They're going to take my farm license away......

I can raise baby goats, sometimes, that turn out pretty good, grow up into beautiful young lady goats and then turn out to be good mother goats.
(Ellie Mae, my yearling, is pregnant!)
I really have high hopes for Miss Daisy!
I am still in love with all those spots and those long ears never grow old!

She is quite the bully on top of the mountain.


"What you doing in there Mr Big?
You rascally rooster!"



"Whaaaaat?
You say whaaaaat??
You like my curly ears?
I know everyone does."




Duke is a studdly little fella and I have high hopes for him being a herd sire for another farm next year! His face is just beautiful!!!!




Daisy wins again!
These are my very best, sweetest babies that have ever been dropped here on the farm.
(I like Thunder's offspring)
They are so quiet and docile!
I think that means they are happy!






They haven't caught wind of what a bad farmer I am yet.
They don't know how hard it is for me to raise chickens.
If they knew what "I" did to my baby chicks they would head for the mountains.
I will tell you and you will not mutter a word to anyone. OK?
Do I have your word? OK then, here goes........
I
drowned
2
baby
chicks
in
a
water
bucket
.
.
.
I
said
you
can't
tell
anyone
or
the
officials
will
come
and
take
my
license.
s
h
h
h
h
h
!
I don't ever want it to brought up in conversation ever again.
My guilt is overwhelming enough.......
Need I say more?


ps. the picture above is Mr Big as he prepared to leave his coop
this morning to go to work protecting Sunny Morning Farm!
Now if he would just be able to warn me of the safety hazards spotted...........




4 comments:

Lorilee said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your 2 chicks. We felt awful when we neglected to watch our dog closely enough and she got one of our chicks earlier this season.
Blessings,
Lorilee

the canned quilter said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Mums the word though : (

I think all you baby goats are just beautiful also. They have such pretty faces ...

Love the new look!

Amy Dingmann said...

Sorry to hear about...the "accident" (shhhh)...you're still a good farm mom. And those picture are adorable. How do you not just go outside and squish up those cutie pies in a giant hug? Adorable!!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Were you trying to baptize those little chicks or what??! Oh~ sorry, we weren't talking about that little incident.

Those are the cutest little kids!! And I cannot get over those loooong ears! I thought our goats had long ears, but those are wonderfully long! That little Daisy looks so much like our little spotted Asha.