Monday, August 16, 2010

A "sign" or a "sign" ???

As I briefly mentioned in my last post, I had a job interview this morning. I was asking God for a "sign" to let me know what he wanted me to do in this situation. I mean I love my stay at home job but it doesn't pay very good in green backs but there are some really great benefits that I do not need to mention. The work here is hard too. I bring that all on myself though!! I think I have to plant a truck garden for the 2 of us, I think I can do any and every hobby that has been concocted in some bored housewives' idle mind, not that I am ever bored. It is quite the contrary actually. A little idle time would be great but remember my self diagnosis of ADD not to be confused with ADHD!!!!!!

On the other hand, since this great career that I now have doesn't pay very well in the greenbacks, I do have that darned nursing license. What was I thinking 12 years ago today when I started nursing school????? hahaha that's another chapter in my lifetime dreams!! It involves me sitting in my desk being the grateful little student, almost the oldest in the class might I add, and the program director asked each of us to go around the room and tell everyone a little about themselves and where we saw ourselves in 5 years. I HATE THOSE MOMENTS ANYWAY! It was just like my baby shower, as a married woman of course, and I couldn't even remember my name when we got around the room to me. I had heard way too many Mills (maiden name)and Moran (married name) last names that I couldn't even pull either one out of my mouth!!! I was the laughing stock of my baby shower!!.................anyway back to the story here Ms ADD............when it was my turn in class that 1st day of school .......I was stoked because I wanted to be a "NURSE" more than anything in the world! I had been on a waiting list, for the RN program, at a local college for 3 years and it was going to be a couple more before I got in. I found out 4 days prior to class starting that I was accepted in this program! I was ready to drop everything and start and that's just what I did too!!! I REALLY WANTED TO BE A NURSE WHEN I GREW UP!! So when they got around the class to me......I smiled really big and I opened my mouth and I fed them all a line of BS that went something like this....".....and after I finish this LPN program, I will go straight on and get my RN degree and then I would turn right back around and be a Nurse Practitioner and work in Cardiology."........LOLOLOLOLOL.....my director said "Great! I love to see a student with such ambition!"

Then I graduated and I swore that I would never ever ever ever go back to school again!!!!!

I did however enjoy the biggest part of all those years as a nurse. Nursing has it's moments though! So I was really particular about the job that I might ask for when I decided that I would bite the bullet and go back to work. This job is one that I thought from the ad was going to be right up my alley and when i went for my interview I found out that it was REALLY going to be right up my alley!! That's all I can say about that again!! I am supposed to find out something on Friday!! I am so happy here at home that I will be happy either way. If I get it I will be in a very good position and if I don't get the job I will remain in the same position....a win win situation, right??

As I mentioned above, I asked for a sign from above as to whether I should be here taking care of my home or at work caring for others. Yesterday my fridge quit working. Did I mention that there are not enough greenbacks to do everything that I want to do??? Well I do not have enough greenbacks to buy a new fridge. Of course it could have been worse, we do have that great Craigslist fridge in the garage and it may very well end up in the house! The repair man is on his way as I type tho.....we will see about this wonderful Whirpool. It has been a thorn in my side since it came out of the box but this time it's HOT!!! So on one hand that looks like my "sign" that I need to go to work. Then on the other hand my house is in such a disaster from all the days spent canning veggies and such that I had to race around like a crazy mad woman to make my house presentable enough to have a repairman come in!! There is a "sign" that maybe I should stay at home and actually do my job in my present career!! What you think???

7 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh my, its hard reading those signs. I will be thinking of you though, and waiting for the post when you finally get the final "sign"...:) Its a win-win situation, I agree!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mama Tea!! I will certainly let everyone know as soon as I know something!

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Rebecca, I think it's a sign you need to go back to work, try a few days a week, fulltime will end with you exhausted and feeling like you should never have taken it on. The economy is not great yet, and may get worse still. So take it!!

Brenda said...

Wow ... that's a tough one! Something that always helps me make these kinds of decisions is to write out a Pro/Con sheet on each side of the decision. At the top of the paper write the heading ... such as "Stay at Home" or "Take the Job" ... then under each heading make two columns ... one for the Advantages (Pro) of that heading and one for the Disadvantages(Con). This usually will let you see more clearly and help with the decision. Best wishes!

the canned quilter said...

I'm with Brenda! I like the whole pro con list. As far as the Whirlpool fridge good luck ....Remember the problems with my Whirlpool stove!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm gonna tell you just what I told my daughter yesterday who wanted mama to make the 'right' decision for her. "Whatever is right for you IS the right decision." It will all work out for the best. I know these things...scary huh??? Heeehehehhe!

Best of luck to ya whatever you choose. God bless and have a terrific day sweetie!!!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Gosh, that's a lot of signs. Maybe you're asking the wrong question...?